activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multicast / Application Level Multicast / JXTA ?
Date Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:19:05 GMT
Am not aware of anyone who uses multicast over the internet - even
JXTA is mostly socket based AFAIK, it just deals with NAT issues I
thought but using regular sockets?

So I'd just use a couple of brokers. I guess you're using topics
right? A single broker should be able to handle 1000s of clients with
hundreds of messages a second per consumer on a fast network & decent
PC with a reasonable disk.

If you've only 1 producer, you might wanna use async dispatch to get
the best throughput across hundreds of clients for a single producer.

What kind of throughput do you get in your environment when you try
hundreds of clients?