activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why use ActiveMQ over JBossMQ?
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:30:48 GMT
On 11/12/06, monocongo <james_adams@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am starting a new project which will involve asynchronous messaging and my
> manager wants to use vanilla JMS and JBossMQ.  I have used MDBs with JBossAS
> and JMS QueueSender/MessageListener with JBossMQ before, and now that I'm
> familiar with (some parts of) Spring I'd like to go the Spring JMS /ActiveMQ
> route instead, if it makes sense, and I suspect it does.  If anyone can
> provide me with some information or point me to any references which would
> help me make my case I'd certainly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance!

More background here...
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-does-activemq-compare-to-jbossmq.html

there are two completely separate decisions to make; whether you want
to use a J2EE container and MDBs - or whether you want to use just
Spring; then there's the decision on which JMS provider you want to
use.

--

James
-------