activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any ActiveMQ version working with Spring 2.0 final?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:12:58 GMT
On 11/7/06, Endre Stolsvik <Apache@stolsvik.com> wrote:
> [This did apparently not get through - sorry if doubleposting..]
>
> Hi!
>
> Given that 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 (apparently) uses Spring 1.2.6, and current
> snapshots of 4.1 uses Spring 2.0rc1 which have some binary incompatible
> changes compared to 2.0 final which ActiveMQ 4.1 depends on for xbean
> config, how do you folks manage to get any ActiveMQ version to work
> properly with Spring 2.0?

Currently ActiveMQ 4.1 is using Spring 2.0.

> I've tried to do things "the hard way" with Spring IoC (with some hacks to
> get "addConnector" to work), and programatically, but this is a real pain,
> I feel: as a newbie, I can't get my head around the somewhat intricate
> relationships between the different interfaces and implementations in use
> here.
>
> The underlying problem I have, is that I want to set up a persisent broker
> with my own DataSource, and my own path to the journal.
>
> (And btw: ActiveMQ 4.0.1 bundles beta14 versions of Jetty 6 and thus
> Servlet API, which I also find slightly strange.. Current snaps of 4.1
> bundles Jetty 6 rc 2 (current is 6.0.1), and as mentioned Spring 2.0 rc1)

current snapshots of 4.1 are using 6.0.1 and have for a week or so now.

> Any help appreciated.
> (A snapshot/release with proper Spring 2.0 support would be even more
> appreciated!)

Unfortunately the Apache repo got restored after hardware failure with
a really old image dating back to August. As soon as the next snapshot
build works, you should have one with spring 2.0 and jetty 6.0.1

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT/

--

James
-------