activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Manish Gulati" <mgul...@quark.com>
Subject RE: VM Transport..please help..
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 04:33:56 GMT

transmission, its attachments, and any copies without reading or saving
in any manner. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: ActiveMQ_User1 [mailto:web_address1@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:27 PM
To: activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: VM Transport..please help..

Hi,

We're using Mule and Active MQ (version 3.2.2) in our app - the broker
is
embedded within Mule and we've specified the brokerUrl as vm://<server
name>. We're running the app as standalone windows service. However,
we've
noticed that Active MQ seems to shut down after a while (usually after
running for a few days). This is annoying because we have to keep
restarting
the service every time the broker goes down. I was reading about the vm
transport on the website and came across this:

The first client to use the VM connection will boot an embedded broker.
Subsequent connections will attach that the same broker. Once all VM
connections to the broker have been closed, the embedded broker will
automatically shutdown.

What does that last line imply? Has it got anything to do with my
problem?
Is there any way to prevent the broker from shutting down or restarting
if
it did? I read about the failover option..but not sure if that would
make a
difference. I have also tried using tcp://localhost:61616 instead of vm
but
that hasn't changed things much either - the broker keeps shutting down.

I'm not sure if I have configured things correctly. Here's my Mule
Config
(just pasting the ActiveMQ part):

<connector name="jmsConnector"
className="org.mule.providers.jms.JmsConnector">
	    <properties>
	        <property name="specification" value="1.1"/>
	        <property name="connectionFactoryJndiName"
value="ConnectionFactory"/>
	        <property name="jndiInitialFactory"

value="org.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory"/>
	        <map name="connectionFactoryProperties">
	            <property name="brokerURL" value="vm://localhost"/>
	            <property name="brokerXmlConfig"
	                      value="classpath:/activemq.xml"/>
	        </map>
	    </properties>
	</connector>

And here's the broker part of my ActiveMQ config file:

<broker>
    <connector>
      <tcpServerTransport uri="tcp://localhost:61616" backlog="1000"
useAsyncSend="true" maxOutstandingMessages="50"/>
    </connector>

    <persistence>
      <cachePersistence>
        <journalPersistence directory="../var/journal">
          <jdbcPersistence dataSourceRef="derby-ds"/>
        </journalPersistence>
      </cachePersistence>
    </persistence>
  </broker>

Not sure if I need the brokerUrl and a brokerXmlConfig.

Any ideas? I'd really appreciate any sort of help - I'm getting a little
dejected by it all. Thanks!