activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message's live time
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:57:43 GMT
Just to clear that up, I believe if you set TimeToLive to Tnow + timeToLive
in the MessageProducer before sending a message, you will have the
expiration time you're looking for.

So something like this ...

long Tnow = ... // whatever is appropriate for your compiler/OS ... just get
the current time in milliseconds
long timeToLive = 5000L; // 5 milliseconds
producer->setTimeToLive(Tnow + timeToLive );
producer->send(msg);

Again, this is just a temporary work around.  We should have this fixed in
trunk soon.

Regards,
Nate

On 11/26/06, Nathan Mittler <nathan.mittler@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just took a look at the code and it looks like the ActiveMQProducer.sendmethod is overwriting
the CMSExpiration in the message with its timeToLive