activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Switching from STOMP to OpenWire
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 11:18:06 GMT
On 11/9/06, # Lalit Nagpal # <lalittechy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I would like to switch to the OpenWire protocol from the Stomp protocol -
> when it is available of-course. I am using the cms classes directly in my
> code ... something like
> cms::Message* implMsgClone = implMessage->clone();
>
> Q1. Now since this is the cms implementation that uses the Stomp protocol,
> would like to know how easy would it be for me to switch to OpenWire ...
> what efforts are required at my end to switch to OpenWire when cms
> implemenation for the same is available.

There will be very little to change on your end, you'll still be using the
same CMS API.  The current plans are that there will be metadata encoded in
the url to tell activemq-cpp to use openwire, rather than stomp.  My guess
is that once openwire is implemented, it will be the default protocol.

Q2. Their was some discussion going-on on using the OpenWire implementation
> donated by amazon instead of coding for the OpenWire architecture
> discussed
> on the site. Any decisions in this regard as to what would be available to
> us and when.

We're currently focused on cutting activemq-cpp 1.0.  My guess is that we
should have some level of openwire support in a couple of months.

Thank you.