activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: networkConnectors causing NPE
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 06:36:22 GMT
On 11/8/06, robottaway <rottaway@musiciansfriend.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks taking the spaces out of the <brokerName/> element did fix that
> problem. Now I am having a problem with an extra broker starting up, LOL!
> All I do to get this behavior is enable the 'networkConnector' element.
> Using the exact same config I posted earlier.

After removing the spaces from the broker name, I did not see this
behavior at all using the configuration you provided when testing
against ActiveMQ 4.0.2. What version of ActiveMQ are you using?

Out of curiosity I begain testing against the ActiveMQ trunk and I'm
still not seeing this behavior. To test against the trunk, I've made a
few minor changes as shown below:

<beans>

    <!-- Allows us to use system properties as variables in this
configuration file -->
    <bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>

    <!-- <broker useJmx="true"> -->
    <!-- <broker brokerName="localhost" useJmx="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0"> -->
    <broker brokerName="Robs_AMQ_broker" useJmx="true"
xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
     <!-- <brokerName>Robs_AMQ_broker</brokerName> -->
        <!--  Use the following to set the broker memory limit (in bytes)
            <memoryManager>
            <usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="1048576"/>
            </memoryManager>
        -->

        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX -->
        <managementContext>
            <managementContext connectorPort="1098"
jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
        </managementContext>

        <!-- In ActiveMQ 4, you can setup destination policies -->
        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap><policyEntries>

                <policyEntry topic="FOO.>">
                    <dispatchPolicy>
                        <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
                    </dispatchPolicy>
                    <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                        <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
                    </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                </policyEntry>

            </policyEntries></policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>

        <persistenceAdapter>
            <!--  <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="${activemq.home}/activemq-data"/> -->
            <!-- To use a different datasource, use th following syntax : -->
            <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"
dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/activemq-data"
dataSource="#derby-ds"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="tcp" uri="tcp://localhost:61605"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
            <transportConnector name="stomp" uri="stomp://localhost:61606"/>
        </transportConnectors>

        <networkConnectors>
          <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
          <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default"/>
          <!--
          <networkConnector name="host1 and host2"
uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)" failover="true"/>
          -->
        </networkConnectors>

    </broker>

  <bean id="derby-ds" class="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource">
    <property name="databaseName" value="derbydb"/>
    <property name="createDatabase" value="create"/>
  </bean>

</beans>

Give this configuration a whirl and let's see what kind of results you get.

Bruce
-- 
perl -e 'print unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*"
);'

Apache Geronimo - http://geronimo.apache.org/
Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Mime
View raw message