activemq-users mailing list archives

From "massive.boisson" <massive.bois...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Destinations Life Span and LDAP Authorization
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 19:00:16 GMT

James, thanks.

James.Strachan wrote:

>> PS This seems to be big issue for me because I am using LDAP
>> authorization.
>> Only "server" Jms client has admin privileges for certain queues, and
>> when
>> "server" Jms client is down, no one can send/receive messages to these
>> queues, even when they already have been created by "server" Jms client.
> You've lost me there. In ActiveMQ you can set whatever roles you want
> on any destinations.

I'll try to be more precise:

Basically I create a network of Jms clients. Server (Jms client) issues
read/write privileges
for these clients to LDAP server. And I use LDAP server authorization and
authentication.

For a given queue, my server has admin and read privs. Client has write
privs.
It all works fine when server is connected because it creates and reads from
the queue the
client writes to.

When server is disconnected, client cannot write to the queue, because it
doesnt have
admin privileges.

So I was asking if this is in fact what is happening, and if there is any
way to prevent it.

I could issue admin privileges to client, but that seems wrong. I also am
afraid of them
flushing the queues for the server.