activemq-users mailing list archives

From ewood <w...@ship.saic.com>
Subject Prefetch limit and queue size
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:44:35 GMT

I am running AMQ v4.1 with a network of embedded brokers (2).  My question is
what happens when the prefetch limit is reached?  Will subsequent calls to
send fail in some way?  More importantly, can I detect when the prefetch
limit has been reached from my client?  I know I can get the queue size via
JMX, but what does that size really mean?  Is that the total number enqued
minus dequed or is the number of unacknowledged messages, or some other
number.  Sorry if this is in the documentation somewhere, but I can't find
it.