activemq-users mailing list archives

From ewood <w...@ship.saic.com>
Subject Ordering on distributed queues
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:32:48 GMT

I am using AMQ version 4.1 with a topology consisting of two embedded
networked brokers.  I have only a single producer on one broker and a single
consumer on the other and I am using persistent messaging.  Question is, is
there any gauranteed ordering in this situation?  Can I be assured that the
messages will arrive at the consumer in exactly the same sequence thay are
sent, even if there is a timeout/network failure?  Our testing seems to
inidicate that ordering is always preserved, but I want to make sure.

Regards,

Eric