activemq-users mailing list archives

From muthiyalu <muthiy...@netscape.net>
Subject ActiveMQ Peer Transport vs Mantaray
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 06:57:55 GMT

Hi

Could anyone please tell me if they they have compared the peer transport
features of activemq vs mantaray? As far as my current understanding goes
activemq creates an embedded broker based on a service name and uses
multicast to discover other peers started on the same service name.

Though this feature seems to be similar to the mantaray peer, mantaray has a
WAN bridge that can help peers that are across firewalls or over the
internet to talk each other. How would one go about doing this in ActiveMQ?

Are there any peformnce benchmarks that anybody has which compare ActiveMQ
peer transport vs mantaray?

thanks,

muthiyalu