activemq-users mailing list archives

From Priya Parvatikar <priya.parvati...@ingenta.com>
Subject Re: QueueBrowser in embedded broker not getting any messages
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:12:30 GMT

Hi Adrian,

> Does using an actual consumer instead of a queue browser works?

I tried using a MessageConsumer instead of a QueueBrowser and the consumer
got the message as expected

As suggested by Marlon, I have uploaded code for the browser itself and a
unit test for it and a few other supporting files

The files are

1)  http://www.nabble.com/file/4242/AQueueBrowser.java AQueueBrowser.java  -
this contains the code for the QueueBrowser
2)  http://www.nabble.com/file/4243/MockQueueMessageSender.java
MockQueueMessageSender.java  - this sends a message to a queue
3)  http://www.nabble.com/file/4244/MockQueueConsumer.java
MockQueueConsumer.java  - this is a simple consumer that gets messages from
the queue
4)  http://www.nabble.com/file/4245/QueueBrowserTest.java
QueueBrowserTest.java  - a JUnit test that tests two cases - sender+browser
and sender+consumer. The sender+consumer case works as expected, however the
sender+browser doesn't.

Supporting files -  http://www.nabble.com/file/4246/GatewayException.java
GatewayException.java ,  http://www.nabble.com/file/4247/JNDIUtil.java
JNDIUtil.java ,  http://www.nabble.com/file/4248/jndi.properties
jndi.properties

Could you please have a look and let me know if there is something incorrect
in the code? Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks for all your help,
Priya

Try enabling JMX in your embedded broker and check if there are really
messages being enqueued in the queue specified.