activemq-users mailing list archives

From Muzza <stephen.mur...@amt-sybex.com>
Subject AMQ-1060
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 19:55:28 GMT

Hi,

I've raised AMQ-1060, which is a long standing bug I've had since upgrading
from AMQ 3.2.2 to AMQ 4.0.x.

Can someone take a look at the problem and suggest which areas of the code
to start looking at ? I've no problem supplying a fix, would just like a
kick start in the right direction.......

The problem reported is Live at 2 client sites and needs resolving asap so
any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve.

Details of AMQ-1060 :

I'm unable to connect to an ActiveMQ queue with an MDB when the ActiveMQ
queue I'm connecting to has a queue depth.

This works in ActiveMQ 3.2.2, but doesn't in 4.0.1 or 4.0.2.

Environment :

AMQ 4.0.1 or 4.0.2 deployed standalone on a Windows 2003 server.

Basic (Hello World) MDB deployed within IBM Websphere 5.1 (Patch 11).

Intructions to recreate :

Start AMQ, load a message onto the MDBs Queue, start Websphere and MDB won't
connect to the ActiveMQ queue.
If there is any further information you require to assist in the resolution
of this problem, please let us know. We can provide details of the code or
the WAS/AMQ config.

Whilst stating this doesn't work for a Hello World MDB, this is for
simplicity and ease of testing this issue, in reality we are using the MDB
and AMQ as part of a full blown integration solution at 2 major Utility
companies and seriously need some assistance with this. Testing onsite of
the solution at each of these companies has revealed this issue, this is
therefore preventing the move of the solution into production.

We cannot revert to the use of the version 3.2.2 of AMQ as there are some
memory limitations with this version (that have been addressed in 4.x) that
mean that it will not cope with the volumes of messages that are required to
be handled.