activemq-users mailing list archives

From Chris Hofstaedter <chr...@nmwco.com>
Subject Is it possible? (memory usagemanager and persistent messages)
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:57:06 GMT

I'd like to have an embedded broker with a demandforwardingbridge that does
not persist messages and enforces a memoryLimit against the embedded queue
but a remote broker that will persist those very same messages.  Is this
possible to set up?

So far, I've been caught in a catch-22.  I can get the memoryLimit to work
if I mark my messages as non-persistent but then the remote broker wont
store them such that they are available if the remote broker bounces.  Or I
can get persistent messaging to work so that the messages survive the remote
broker bouncing once they get to it, but then I cant enforce the memory
limit.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone can provide....