activemq-users mailing list archives

From "jk@penguinsfan.com" ...@penguinsfan.com>
Subject Re: Publish/Subscribe with ActiveMQ
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 04:09:02 GMT

Just to let you know that after further experimentation it does not seem
likely that we will be able to use ActiveMQ.

Testing a scenario where ActiveMQ is shutdown and restarted, the
subscription recovery time was humongous for 50000 messages x 10 virtual
subscribers.  I was looking for something that would work when millions of
messages were on disk, possible to subscribers that are non-operational for
a day or two.

This was disappointing, because the performance seemed excellent until I saw
this could happen.

I believe this may be related to AMQ-493:  Improve queue and durable
subscription recovery performance.

It would be great if ActiveMQ could someday handle this kind of large
durable volume (does anyone know if the intended fix might handle volumes
such as what I describe?).

If I missed something, and anyone has any comments as to how I could "get
this to work", please let me know.