activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Bahl <rohi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Advisory Message support in Multi - Broker environment
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:32:42 GMT

I have a multi broker environment. i.e.
MessageProducer application connected to Broker1 and
MessageConsumer application connected to Broker2
I have enabled multicast between the two brokers.
MessageProducer writes to a queue and MessageConsumer reads from the queue.

I see messages appearing in MessageConsumer application when I post an
message from the MessageProducer application

In the MessageProducer application I also have a consumer to the destination
ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.
I use this listener to detect if a consumer is connected or gets
disconnected.

What I have observed is that I received the consumer advisory message when a
consumer connects, but
I do not receive an message when the consumer disconnects.

However, if I use a single broker for the MessageProducer and
MessageConsumer
I get the message when the consumer disconnects.

Kindly help.