activemq-users mailing list archives

From André Jager <andre.ja...@spe-unna.de>
Subject Re: Maximum message count when msg.size > 2.5mb
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:51:38 GMT

This was indeed the problem. I changed the following entry in the
activemq.xml

<memoryManager>
        <usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="41943040"/>
</memoryManager>

and see, I can store eight messages.

conclusion:

I need to store up to a few hunderd of 2.5mb messages before the consumer
may become active again. I thought because I was using durable queues, the
messages are stored in the database and memory consumption would be kept to
a minimum. This is not true. Messages are kept in RAM for fast processing.

ActiveMQ is not devised being a large queue store. I changed the design. I
store the images on local disc with a GUID as file name and send this GUID
through ActiveMQ to the consumer. The consumer will use this message to read
the image from local disc and process it.