activemq-users mailing list archives

From André Jager <andre.ja...@spe-unna.de>
Subject Maximum message count when msg.size > 2.5mb
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:21:25 GMT

Hello,

I want to use ActiveMQ to store and forward jpg images. It is very important
when the consumer is down, jpg images are accepted for processing. However I
observed some strange behaviour and want to know if this behaviour is by
design.

I have a persistent, durable queue. I use ActiveMQ 4.0.2 and NMS as a
client. I am new to ActiveMQ but got it up and running very quickly.

When I send messages to the queue photo.raw and the consumer is down, the
send method will not return after the fourth (4th) message. Only after I
delete one message from the queue using HermesJMS, the send method returns
to hang again on the next send. I cannot have more then four messages in the
queue.

RAM is available, the processor is not busy.

As I read the forum I understood there is no real size limit on the queue
other then available resources. I looked around and could indeed not find a
configuration parameter.

Can someone enlighten me on this issue?