activemq-users mailing list archives

From monocongo <james_ad...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why use ActiveMQ over JBossMQ?
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:46:28 GMT

Thanks James.

I don't want or need to use MDBs or any other kind of EJBs.  I want to avoid
using JBoss if possible.  I certainly do want to use Spring.  I guess it
comes down to whether or not ActiveMQ is as "professional grade" as JBossMQ,
and according to the page you reference ActiveMQ actually blows JBossMQ out
of the water in terms of performance.  However I wonder if there are any
other considerations, such as does JBossMQ have any features that ActiveMQ
lacks?  Isn't it true that I need to run JBossAS in order to get JBossMQ
(perhaps that's a question for the JBoss forum)?  Are there many enterprise
level projects/products which use ActiveMQ as the messaging provider?  Are
there any issues with persisting messages to a data source using ActiveMQ?
What about using transactions?

Thanks for any further information/answers.

--James