activemq-users mailing list archives

From "massive.boisson" <massive.bois...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: receiving async exception when not appropriate
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:04:15 GMT

Well I read a part of book, jms spec and amq docs... and I think I get what
you are saying - persistent transacted messages are send asynchronously :)

But session.commit() is synchronous - it has to wait for all sends withing
that transaction to get to broker, and then for broker to write them to db,
and only then does it return to client. This is what I did not find anywhere
stated specifically. But it is correct?

So if it is correct, my problem still remains, but I defined it wrong
because of my ignorance - even session.commit() does not raise the
exception.

I'll restate once more: I have a transacted persistent sent to an
unauthorized queue. Send passes without exception. session.commit() passes
without exception. But I get an asynchronous exception through
ExceptionListener? Still the same problem from my point of view.

Any ideas? Do you guys think this is indeed a problem?

Thanks a lot,

--MB