activemq-users mailing list archives

From "massive.boisson" <massive.bois...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: receiving async exception when not appropriate
Date Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:33:35 GMT

Thanks for reply, I guess it's only because of the usual promptness of team
ActiveMQ, that I was so confused with lack of reply.

nmittler wrote:

> What exactly do you expect to happen when you send to a queue that you're
> not authorized to send on?  I don't think it's acceptable to throw an
> exception from within the send() method, because that would require
> waiting
> for the broker to respond to the message before proceeding - essentially
> making the model RPC rather than messaging.

Hm, as I am using persistent queues and transacted sync sends, don't I have
to wait for it to be written anyway? I don't think this makes it RPC model.

nmittler wrote:

> So if you don't want to lose the data in the message, you'll have to know
> what destinations you have write permissions on before sending.

As a workarround I could do this, but I don't know how. My queues are
created dynamically, and permissons are given dynamically, and thus I cannot
know this unless there is a dynamic way to check. And I have not been able
to find one?

Another possible workarround would be if feature I requested some time ago
would be implented:  https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-751
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-751 . Essentially it would
allow onException method to receive the offending message as well.

But primarily, I still think persistent transacted synch send to a queue
should fail if I dont have write privileges for that queue. No?!

I've been using jms for only 4 months, so I am by no means an expert. Let me
know if I am talking nonsense.

Thanks a lot and regards,

--MB