activemq-users mailing list archives

From Muzza <stephen.mur...@amt-sybex.com>
Subject ActiveMQ 4.0.x unable to connect to Queue
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:58:04 GMT

Hi,

I've raised this issue before, but never had a resolution to it, can anyone
help ?

We have AMQ 4.0.1 deployed on a Win 2003 Server, with an MDB deployed within
Websphere 5.1.1.11 and the queues configured as Generic JMS Providers in
Websphere using dynamicQueues as the JNDI lookup mechanism.

Our problem arises on startup of our MDB when we have a Queue Depth > 0 on
our permanent ActiveMQ queue, we simply never get a connection through to
this queue when it has messages waiting to process.

If I use Hermes to clear down the queue and then restart Websphere then the
MDB gets its connection fine and processes fine, but this is not a viable
solution for production.

I'm really at a loss with this and unable to narrow this down, apart from
the same deployment using JCaps, MQSeries and Websphere Embedded messaging
works fine.

Whether this is ActiveMQ or the Websphere Bridge to ActiveMQ I'm not sure,
but if anyone has any hints on Websphere / AMQ config or hints on
establishing a useful trace of the connection I'd be most grateful.

Thanks again,

Muzza.