activemq-users mailing list archives

From Danielius Jurna <daniel...@elitnet.lt>
Subject Re: Bug in failover transport
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:36:14 GMT

Has anybody looked at this problem?

>From my point of vew, failover transport can only work on sending messages
to the broker, but it cannot work while receiving messages. For example:
1. Client prefetches 1000 messages.
2. Broker goes down and restarts.
3. Failover reconnects to the broker (client still has messages prefetched).
4. Client sends ACK message to the broker.
5. Broker cannot correlate ACK, because it doesn't know anything about
prefetched messages on the client.

Please can someone comment on that? Is it really unusable, or I don't
understand something? The problem is that after such scenario, client and
broker cannot fully recover (those prefetched messages are still in message
store, but are not received by the client).