activemq-users mailing list archives

From DanLeepw <danle...@gmail.com>
Subject AQ 4.0.2 network of broker excludedDestinations wildcard problem
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 02:07:45 GMT

Hi all,

I have problem on using excludedDestinations wildcard in network of broker.
For example, I have the following configuration in activemq.xml:

<networkConnectors>
      <!-- by default just auto discover the other brokers -->
      <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default">
	<excludedDestinations>
	    <topic physicalName="PHONE.>"/>
      	</excludedDestinations>
      </networkConnector>
</networkConnectors>

on two brokers. Let's say they are broker1 and broker2. As the above
configuration, broker1 and broker2 will form a network of brokers with
excluding topic "PHONE.>". However, a consumer connecting to broker1 will
still receive msgs on topic PHONE.EXT that are sent by a producer connecting
to broker2. If I change <topic physicalName="PHONE.>"/> to <topic
physicalName="PHONE.EXT"/> to stop using wildcard, the behaviour becomes
expected (i.e. a consumer connecting to broker1 will not receive msgs on
topic PHONE.EXT that are sent by a producer connecting to broker2.).

I have tried that on both Activemq 4.0.1 and 4.0.2. Hope that someone can
help me on the problem. Thanks.

Regards,
Dan