activemq-users mailing list archives

From AlB <Brei...@avaya.com>
Subject Re: Bad AMQ Linux performance
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 19:37:45 GMT

I've seen this same issue. I've been using a profiler and found that a wait
is caused by commit in the producer (ultimately occurs in:
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ArrayBlockingQueue.take). I
put in a counter to emulate "chunking up" the messages; that is, don't
perform a commit with every send; do the commit every 100th send. This had a
noticeable effect, confirmed by the profiler. I've also confirmed that this
same issue occurs when a subscriber commits as well.

I was curious if the solution offered in an earlier message was scheduled to
go in a patch or future release. I checked the issue mentioned above
(http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-905) and didn't see any
further entires.

Thanks