activemq-users mailing list archives

From Avinash <avian...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with STOMP C++ Client connecting with a AMQ Broker having Authorization and Authentication Plugins installed
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 14:57:07 GMT

Hi,

We have an AMQ Broker [4.1.0 incubator SNAPSHOT] running as a standalone
java application.

The AMQ Broker has Authentication and Authorization plugins installed by
virtue of which only users with the correct credentials may get
authenticated onto the Broker, and further Access roles and permissions with
respect to users and admin have been set up using the Authorization plugin.

The above broker supports both TCP and STOMP.

CASE 1:

When we connect using TCP and a JAVA written client, both the plugins work
correctly and as expected.

CASE 2:

When we connect using STOMP and the Java written client:

 - The program stalls at "connection.start(); Does not proceed further from
here...

CASE 3:

When we use C++ and STOMP following are our observations:

[1] When connecting using the STOMP client with incorrect credentials, the
AMQ Broker throws SecurityException [which is expected], however the STOMP
client receives a message 'CONNECTED'

[2] The STOMP client does not get notified that there was a
SecurityException while connecting [when connecting using wrong
credentials].

Questions are:

[1] Why does the program execution not proceed in case of CASE 2 ?

[2] How does the C++ STOMP client get notified of any Authentication or
Authorization exceptions that may be generated at the AMQ Broker end ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Aditya