activemq-users mailing list archives

From gabriel kastenbaum <>
Subject Starting ActiveMQ: brokerName not set?
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 21:58:03 GMT
Hi everybody,

When I start my network of brokers, I set the  "brokerName" by adding a
propertie in the options of the script that starts the broker

and in activemq.xml

<broker ... brokerName="${activemq.brokerName}">

The point is  that the brokerName seems not to be set.
I have the following message in the logs:
WARN  multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent <BrokerName is not set>

But in fact even if I hard code a name in the configuration file:
<broker brokerName="myHostName">

I have the same message.
Do I have to take into account the WARN message?

By the way: Is the brokerName mandatory with a network of brokers
working  with multicast?

Thanks by advance!

View raw message