activemq-users mailing list archives

From gabriel kastenbaum <gkastenbaummailingl...@gmail.com>
Subject Starting ActiveMQ: brokerName not set?
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:26:22 GMT
Hi everybody,

I am trying to start a network of brokers. I would like to set the
"brokerName"
by the script that starts the broker with the propertie
-Dactivemq.brokerName=$HOSTNAME

and in activemq.xml

<broker ... brokerName="${activemq.brokerName}">

The point is  that the brokerName is not set - or seems to be "not set".
I have the following message in the logs: WARN
multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent <BrokerName is not set>

In fact even if I hard code a name in the configuration
<broker brokerName="myHostName">

I have the same message.
Do I have to take into account the WARN message?

y the way: Is the brokerName mandatory with a network of brokers working
with multicast?