activemq-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Deribas <thisaddressisnotm...@td.selfip.net>
Subject Re: Using ActiveMQ from .NET compact framework
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 17:42:34 GMT
Hello,

Hiram Chirino said the following on 06.10.2006 19:47:

> I don't see why it would not work.. Why don't you setup it up and let us
> know how it goes.

I've tried it. I've created two additional projects (attached) for the
solution. NMS project building is fine, but there are small problems
with activemq project - it uses Monitor.PulseAll and Monitor.Wait
methods not supported by compact framework. I'll try to investigate if
it is possible to avoid these methods usage.

>> And I have another question - how much traffic required for one simple
>> message (like event notification)? I will use GPRS connection from PDA,
>> so traffic is not cheap...
>
> We use lots of tricks in openwire to keep the message sizes as small as
> possible but that does not deal with the message content compression.

I mean just what overhead of wrapping data into messages. For example,
for empty message - what is the smallest possible message size?

> And I think payload compression is still a feature that has not yet been
> implemented in the .NET client implementation.

But payload compression is the part of protocol specification?
Anyway compression could be implemented on the application level.

--
Oleg