activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Non Persistent queue message TTL
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:26:41 GMT
On 10/23/06, Dave cawthorn <dave.cawthorn@empired.com> wrote:

> HI,
>

> Do non persistent messages with a TTL ever get removed out of the brokers
> message store?

Non persistent messages shouldn't be getting written to the message
store? Or do you mean the RAM buffer?

>  I wrote a test that sends a non persistent message with a TTL
> of 1ms and then tries to consume this message. What I have noticed is that
> every time I run this test the broker tries to redeliver the previously
> expired message as well as the newly expired message but the
> ActiveMQMessageConsumer rejects it and outputs multiple "Received expired
> message:" debug log record. I waited for an hour to see if the thread that
> deletes messages out of the persistent store cleaned up these messages as
> well but it doesn't seem to.
>
> I'm using jms for heartbeating clients and I want to use the TTL
> functionality to remove stale heartbeat requests but if the they are going
> to cause a memory leak in the broker i won't be able to do this.

It could be we need to me more aggressive in evicting timed out
messages from RAM. We may wanna add some background thread to chase
down expired messages and remove them eagerly

--

James
-------