activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alternatives to stomp
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:44:42 GMT
On 10/16/06, sileshi <sileshikassa@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The two weeks I have been working on Stomp, I have found it simple and
> powerful messaging protocol.
> It is an http of the messaging domain. After saying that, I'm a bit
> disappointed by ActiveMQ stomp
> server implementation, but like Hiram said that could be fixed.
>
> For those who use Stomp on Perl, I highly recommend the Net::Stomp 0.31 perl
> module from CPAN.
> I have the same issues regarding JMX info about Enqueued and Dequeued
> message being incorrect
> and sometimes confusing. But the biggest problem I have with it is that when
> I mix Java and Perl producers/consumers, it seems no message is being passed
> from Java client to Perl or the other way.
> If I use producer/consumer Perl-to-Perl or Java-to-Java,  no problem, but if
> I mix, no message gets delivered.
>
> Unless I miss something, the default server and stomp server are separate
> domains and message arrived
> to a topic on default server, can not be delivered to subscribers of stomp
> side of the same topic.

No - there is just 1 domain. It doesn't matter what transport,
protocol or client you use.

> I may be mistaken, but it seems that ActiveMQ default connector and stomp
> connector have their
> own destination space.

I'm afraid you are mistaken :)

> My understanding was message sent a
> destination(queue, topic) will be
> delivered to consumers of thsoe destination(queue, topic), irrespective of
> how they connected
> to activemq or which server(default, stomp) they connected to.
>
> May be someone in the deveolpment team could tell us some of the design
> points regarding these
> issues. Well, it is late at night...I will stop now.

The most likely reason is mismatch in the JMS destination names and
the ones used in the Stomp protocol. The quickest way to disagnose the
issue is to start with queues, then use the JMX console to look at the
destination names being used by Java and Perl clients to check you've
got the naming conventions correct etc.

--

James
-------