activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Message Group Problems -- Exclusive Consumer Works Fine
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:34:57 GMT
On 10/17/06, me9999 <m@wwcw.org> wrote:

> By "listening to a message group" I mean the consumer sets JMSXGroupID to
> the message group name upon creation.

How does the consumer set a JMSXGroupID? FWIW only the producer sets a
JMSXGroupID header on messages it sends.

> The producer sends messages to that
> message group.  There is one message group in my test.

Then all messages will go to one of the consumers.

Note that there is currently no way for a consumer to tell the broker
which message groups it wants to consume - this is by design, the idea
being for the broker ot be a sticky load balancer on the consumers
behalf. Though if you really want you could use a selector to filter
on message groups - but then there'd be no real point using message
groups if you wanted to hand-code the routing.

--

James
-------