activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Message Group Problems -- Exclusive Consumer Works Fine
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:46:07 GMT
On 10/16/06, me9999 <> wrote:
> I'm having a little trouble implementing a message group test.  Say I have
> two consumers running in separate
> processes, one listens to a message group and the other listens to the
> queue.

There's no difference between listening to a message group or
listening to a queue. You just have consumers listening to a queue -
then if a message has a message group ID on it, the broker will
stickly load balance those messages.

>   If the consumer listening to the queue starts up first, followed by
> the consumer listening to the message group, the consumer listening to the
> queue always gets all the messages, even though the messages are sent to the
> message group.

How many message groups do you have?

> Note
> that I do not start sending messages until both consumers are connected.

That shouldn't make any difference.

> Also note, this problem only occurs when the consumers are running in
> separate processes.  If both consumers are running in the same process, the
> consumer that listens to the message group always gets the messages, even if
> it connects last.

What do you mean by 'listen to the message group'?

View raw message