activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:31:26 GMT
On 10/12/06, Rob Lugt <robert.lugt@cheynecapital.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I wish to use the lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy for a share price
> ticker system, so that a consumer can obtain the last known price for all
> stocks.
>
> My configuration file looks like this:-
>
>           <policyEntry topic="PRICES.>">
>             <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
>               <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
>             </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
>           </policyEntry>
>
> And my subscription looks like this:-
>           GetTopic("PRICES.>?consumer.retrocactive=true");
>
> However, if I run a publisher to publish to, say, 100 different topics (e.g.
> PRICES.IBM, PRICES.VOD etc), stop the publisher and start a consumer, the
> consumer only receives a single message for just one topic - not all the
> topics.  Is this by design or am I missing something in the way I'm
> attempting to do this?

Ah, this could be a bug in the last image strategy not working nicely
with wildcards. I suspect if you replaced the wildcard with a
composite destination (so you effectively subscribe to each topic
either directly or via a composite destination) things would just
work.

Though I think we should be able to fix this - wanna file a JIRA to track it?

--

James
-------