activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2006 21:24:43 GMT
On 10/11/06, Jim C <jcrews@eautoclaims.com> wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> I am relatively new to the whole activeMQ / JMS business, and I was hoping
> you might help me get my bearings.  I need to develop a system that will
> allow our ColdFusion application to handle messages sent from an IBM
> Websphere MQ series server.
>
> Points of confusion:
>
> Is IBM's flavor of MQ a separate standard that is different from JMS?

IBM's MQ provides a JMS API you can use

> If so, can activeMQ "speak" this flavor of MQ?

ActiveMQ provides a JMS provider too - which only talks directly to
ActiveMQ. We have a JMS-JMS bridge for bridging from one provider to
another, but you'd not use ActiveMQ to talk directly to MQ series

It sounds like you'd be better just using IBM's JMS provder since you
have to talk to MQ series
--

James
-------