activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ 4.1 Release
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:48:10 GMT
On 10/10/06, Christopher G. Stach II <cgs@ldsys.net> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
> > On 10/2/06, osian <osian@osian.me.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi James,
> >>
> >> Any ideas of the release date? Because time is getting close as to when I
> >> have to make the final decision as to which version we use,
> >
> > Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
> >

> Hasn't the 4.1 release been imminent for months?  It seems to me that
> the Apache release process is more of a pain in the ass than anything
> else.  4.0.2 isn't even finalized.

FWIW the 4.0.2 source code has been frozen for a very long time - the
huge delay in getting releases out is due to

* the double vote on the incubator v the activemq-dev list due to us
still being in incubation
* folks finding issues with notice files & missing license headers in
the source code

As soon as the current 4.0.2 / 4.1 releases actually go out (assuming
the release guidlines & licensing rules don't change again) things
should be much faster, I hope

--

James
-------