activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broker used up the memory
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 06:32:29 GMT
On 10/4/06, HU <gong_pu@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >>Do you know which type is keeping hold of the references to the
> >>TransactionID?
>
> I found an "org.apache.activemq.command.LocalTransactionId" was retained
> after received one message used by session with transaction by YourKit
> profile tool.

Yes - but which object is retaining it?

> >> Are you creating 2 sessions for the entire
> >>duration of the program or creating lots of them? Its definitely the
> >>consumer which is running out of RAM right?
>
> Yes, I am just using one session for receiving message and use other one
> session for sending respond, there is no any more sessions else in my test
> codes. The session of receiving is with transaction.
> After I  changed the session to without transaction, the memory
> leak(OutOfMemory error) was disappear on my test.

Great - so its related to transaction handling. Now we just need to
know which object is keeping hold of the transaction Id objects -
after looking through the code I couldn't see a leak if the same
session object is used for many transactions as as soon as a
transaction starts the previous LocalTransactionId is replaced.

--

James
-------