activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broker used up the memory
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:06:06 GMT
On 10/2/06, Hiroshi Ayukawa <ayukawa.hiroshi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQObjectMessage#storeContent() is supposed
> to be buggy.

No its not :)

> ObjectOutputStream should be reset as well as other parts of acticemq do.
> ----------------------------------- Line 98--100 should be..
>                 ObjectOutputStream objOut = new ObjectOutputStream(dataOut);
>                 objOut.writeObject(object);
> +              objOut.flush();
> +              objOut.reset();
>                 objOut.close();

Thanks for the patch! - I've applied to to trunk. There are only 2
other uses of ObjectOutputStream in the entire codebase both of which
were calling these two methods, so I think you found be bad useage :)

Hu - I wonder could you try your tests again with the trunk code and
see if this fixes your memory leak?

--

James
-------