activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need simple example for receiving a JMS message
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:57:20 GMT
I'd recommend you follow the Lingo examples and use it on both the
client and server (at least until you get used to JMS). Failing that
use the JMS API on both ends.

this example has the client and server side...

http://lingo.codehaus.org/Example

(just separate them into 2 different spring.xml if you want)

On 10/3/06, Pico Florin <picoflorin@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello!
>    Thank you for your respose. I've used lingo just for the client  side. I still have
problems in setting the server side response. How  can I set up the server side in order to
send a response to the  client's message? More clear, I have to know how to set up the client
 in order to be a sender not just a consumer. I have made the following:
>   //on the servert side
>   public class SynchronizeListener implements MessageListener {
>   Session session;
>   public SynchronizeListener(Session session ){
>    this.session = session;
>   }
>
>   public void onMessage(Message msg) {
>
>                   Message response = session
>                             .createTextMessage("Replying from server for "
>                                     + m.getObject());
>                     response.setJMSCorrelationID(msg.getJMSCorrelationID());
>
>                   producer = session.createProducer(msg.getJMSReplyTo());
>

>                   producer.send(response);
>
>               }
>
>       }
>   }
>
>   This listener is added to the server side consumer. The JMS server is  starded from
a servlet, and here is the code where I use the above  class:

>   public class ApplicationInit implements ServletContextListener {
>
>   public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent e) {
>     BrokerService jmsServer = new BrokerService();
>

>                         jmsServer.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61615");
>                         jmsServer.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
>                       jmsServer.start();
>                        ActiveMQConnectionFactory factory  = new ActiveMQConnectionFactory(
>                                 "tcp://localhost:61615");
>                        Connection conn =  factory.createConnection();
>                       conn.start();
>                        Session session =  conn.createSession(true,
>                                 Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
>
>                       Queue queue = session.createQueue("SYNCHRONIZE");
>                         MessageConsumer listener = session.createConsumer(queue);
>
>                         listener.setMessageListener(new AuditorSynchronizeListener(
>                                 session));
>   }
>
> }
>   But when I start the client the following exception is thrown:
>
>   javax.jms.JMSException: edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
>       at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.createJMSException(MultiplexingRequestor.java:205)
>       at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.request(MultiplexingRequestor.java:133)
>       at org.logicblaze.lingo.jms.impl.MultiplexingRequestor.request(MultiplexingRequestor.java:95)
>       at
>   Evicting inactive request for correlationID: Entry for key: 1
>
>   in the client code:
>
>   Queue messageQueue = session.createQueue("SYNCHRONIZE");
>               MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(messageQueue);
>               producer.setTimeToLive(5000);
>
>               Destination tempDest = session
>               .createTemporaryQueue();
>               MultiplexingRequestor multp = new MultiplexingRequestor(conn,
>                        session, producer, messageQueue,  tempDest, true);
>
>               Message msg = null;
>
>               msg = session.createObjectMessage("Testing the client ");
>               System.out.println("received =" +multp.request(messageQueue, msg));
>
> James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:  If you want to learn how to use
the JMS API then Sun's JMS tutorial is
> a pretty good start...
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-get-started-with-jms.html
>
> Alternatively you could stick to writing business level POJOs and hide
> the middleware via Lingo which hides the JMS API from you letting you
> focus on your business logic
>
> http://lingo.codehaus.org/
>

> On 10/3/06, Pico Florin
>  wrote:
> > Hi, all!
> >  I'm newbie in using the activemq API and I have some problems in  receiving a JMS
message from a web server. Here is the scenario:
> >  I have a reach client who sends JMS messages to a web server (Tomcat)  and it (the
client) expects a reply from the server. I have read the  documentation related to this subject
from here:
> >     http://activemq.org/site/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html
> >
> >   but I'm a litlle bit confused because of this lines of code (bolded):
> >
> >   //server side
> >
> >  public void onMessage(Message request) { Message response =  session.createMessage();
 response.setJMSCorrelationID(request.getJMSCorrelationID())  producer.send(request.getJMSReplyTo(),
response) }
> >   1. In this case who is the session and how can I obtain it?
> >   2. Who is the producer and how can I obtain it?
> >
> >   On the client should I use the code:
> >

> >  // client side Destination tempDest = session.createTemporaryQueue();  MessageConsumer
responseConsumer = session.createConsumer(tempDest);  ... // send a request.. message.setJMSReplyTo(tempDest)
 message.setJMSCorrelationID(myCorrelationID); producer.send(message);
> >   responseConsumer.receive(1000);
> >
> >   in order to receive the message?
> >
> >   Thank you,
> >      Florin

> > ---------------------------------
> > Yahoo! Messenger  NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail
> >

> --
>
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

>  Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo!
Mail.

--

James
-------