activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need simple example for receiving a JMS message
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 08:41:31 GMT
If you want to learn how to use the JMS API then Sun's JMS tutorial is
a pretty good start...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-get-started-with-jms.html

Alternatively you could stick to writing business level POJOs and hide
the middleware via Lingo which hides the JMS API from you letting you
focus on your business logic

http://lingo.codehaus.org/

On 10/3/06, Pico Florin <picoflorin@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi, all!
>     I'm newbie in using the activemq API and I have some problems in receiving a JMS
message from a web server. Here is the scenario:
>     I have a reach client who sends JMS messages to a web server (Tomcat) and it (the
client) expects a reply from the server. I have read the documentation related to this subject
from here:
>     http://activemq.org/site/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html
>
>   but I'm a litlle bit confused because of this lines of code (bolded):
>
>   //server side
>
> public void onMessage(Message request) {      Message response = session.createMessage();
   response.setJMSCorrelationID(request.getJMSCorrelationID())      producer.send(request.getJMSReplyTo(),
response)  }
>   1. In this case who is the session and how can I obtain it?
>   2. Who is the producer and how can I obtain it?
>
>   On the client should I use the code:
>

> // client side  Destination tempDest = session.createTemporaryQueue();  MessageConsumer
responseConsumer = session.createConsumer(tempDest);  ...    // send a request..  message.setJMSReplyTo(tempDest)
 message.setJMSCorrelationID(myCorrelationID);    producer.send(message);

--

James
-------