activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: NMS problem
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:41:29 GMT
On 10/18/06, robottaway <rottaway@musiciansfriend.com> wrote:

> Sorry James I am just a picky guy :) I know I won't need to do multiple
> connections quickly but I was just pointing it out (and wondering why it
> takes so long to connect with NMS). Is there a way to speed up the
> connection process? With STOMP or the normal JMS AMQ connections are fast.
> Is the protocol in C# just heavier? Or is it C# itself is causing the
> slowness.

The C# client is using the same exact protocol as the JMS client.. so if the
C# stuff seems slower to connect than the java version, then we very likely
are doing something silly in the implementation of the C# client.  Remember
that it was a few Java guys that threw the C# client together!  But we are
starting to get a bunch of C# expert eyes looking at the C# client now which
is very exciting!  So.. in theory, the C# should be as fast as the Java
stuff.  If it's not, please pitch in help us figure out why not!

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com