activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Using ActiveMQ from .NET compact framework
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 16:47:12 GMT
I don't see why it would not work.. Why don't you setup it up and let us
know how it goes.

On 10/6/06, Oleg Deribas <thisaddressisnotmine@td.selfip.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to try using ActiveMQ from PDA with .NET compact framework.
> Where should I start? I see that there is not project for CF.NET in NMS
> solution. So I could try to create it. Is it possible?
>
> And I have another question - how much traffic required for one simple
> message (like event notification)? I will use GPRS connection from PDA,
> so traffic is not cheap...

We use lots of tricks in openwire to keep the message sizes as small as
possible but that does not deal with the message content compression.  And I
think payload compression is still a feature that has not yet been
implemented in the .NET client implementation.

--

--
Regards,
Hiram