activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Loitsch <activ...@abc.fgecko.com>
Subject "peer to peer"
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:11:52 GMT

Hello,
I just discovered activeMQ and even though reading through the archive
indicates that what I want is possible, I would like to hear, if you think
the following is reasonable:

We have written a homepage (currently in php), where javascript obtains news
using the technique described in your "AJAX connection".

We would like to push "new Objects" to all clients, but also allow
peer-to-peer chat. (one customer can send messages to another customer).

I am not 100% sure, how to do this, but I think creating a queue for every
online-customer and subscribing them to (virtual?) queues (the customer and
"new-object" queue) could / should work.

Does this sound reasonable to you?

And to be sure:  running jetty+continuation on one server and the
activeMQ-broker on another machine, does not pose any problems?  (I am just
learning how JMS really works)

thanks

christian