activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "eric.renault" <eric.rena...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Urgent : Problems using the 'Shared File System Master Slave' featur
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:56:20 GMT

Well then

I'm sorry

As I could not find any 4.1 Release, I thought it was refering to the 4.0.1
Release.

Sorry about that and thank you for you time.

Eric


James.Strachan wrote:
> 
> As it says at the top of the page...
> 
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/shared-file-system-master-slave.html
> 
> shared file system master slave is first supported in version 4.1 or later
> 
> On 10/30/06, eric.renault <eric.renault@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all
>>
>> I am experiencing troubles getting ActiveMQ use the master/slave on
>> shared
>> file system new feature.
>>
>> Configuration :
>> ActiveMQ 4.0.1 (home dir = /vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1)
>> RedHat 4
>> Disk Array on GFS
>>
>> It looks straight forward on the web site, but I can't get it work.
>>
>> Here is what the web site suggests :
>> <persistenceAdapter>
>>   <journaledJDBC dataDirectory="/sharedFileSystem/broker"/>
>> </persistenceAdapter>
>>
>> What I am trying to reach is pretty simple :
>> 2 brokers in cluster:
>>   "BrokerA" and "BrokerB".
>> Each one of them has its slave...respectively:
>>   "BrokerAbck" and "BrokerB2bck"
>>
>> So I created 4 xml files:
>> BrokerA.xml
>> BrokerAbck.xml
>> BrokerB.xml
>> BrokerBbck.xml
>>
>> BrokerA.xml :
>> ===========================================
>> <beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
>>   <bean
>> class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>
>>   <broker useJmx="false" brokerName="BrokerA" persistent="true"
>> deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="false" start="true"
>> shutdownOnMasterFailure="false" useLoggingForShutdownErrors="true"
>> useShutdownHook="true" populateJMSXUserID="true" >
>>     <managementContext>
>>        <managementContext connectorPort="1099"
>> jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
>>     </managementContext>
>>
>>     <persistenceAdapter>
>>       <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" useJournal="true"
>> dataDirectory="/vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1/data/BrokerA"/>
>>     </persistenceAdapter>
>>
>>     <transportConnectors>
>>       <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:4501"
>> discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>>     </transportConnectors>
>>
>>     <networkConnectors>
>>       <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default"/>
>>     </networkConnectors>
>>   </broker>
>> </beans>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> BrokerAbck.xml :
>> ===========================================
>> <beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
>>   <bean
>> class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>
>>   <broker useJmx="false" brokerName="BrokerAbck" persistent="true"
>> deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="false" start="true"
>> shutdownOnMasterFailure="false" useLoggingForShutdownErrors="true"
>> useShutdownHook="true" populateJMSXUserID="true" >
>>     <managementContext>
>>        <managementContext connectorPort="1099"
>> jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
>>     </managementContext>
>>
>>     <persistenceAdapter>
>>       <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" useJournal="true"
>> dataDirectory="/vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1/data/BrokerA"/>
>>     </persistenceAdapter>
>>
>>     <transportConnectors>
>>       <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:4501"
>> discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>>     </transportConnectors>
>>
>>     <networkConnectors>
>>       <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default"/>
>>     </networkConnectors>
>>   </broker>
>> </beans>
>> ===================================================
>>
>> BrokerA starts perfectly.
>> BrokerAbck fails with the following error:
>>
>> ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1
>> Loading message broker from: xbean:file:../conf/BrokerA2.xml
>> ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
>> bean
>> with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean':
>> FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
>> java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by another application
>> ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
>> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
>> bean
>> with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean':
>> FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
>> java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by another application
>>
>>
>> Can anyone help?
>> I really need this to be working very soon.
>> I haven't tried the Pure Master/Slave solution....and do not really want
>> to
>> as the recovery procedure isn't automatic.
>>
>> Thank you in advance
>>
>> Eric
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://www.nabble.com/Urgent-%3A-Problems-using-the-%27Shared-File-System-Master-Slave%27-feature-tf2541152.html#a7079969
>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>>
>>
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Urgent-%3A-Problems-using-the-%27Shared-File-System-Master-Slave%27-feature-tf2541152.html#a7080640
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message