activemq-users mailing list archives

From Luciano Mollea <lmol...@yahoo.it>
Subject strictOrderDispatchPolicy and timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:32:35 GMT

Hello everyone.
Maybe this question has already been answered but I can't find a post about
this.

We have set up an active MQ 4.0.1 with a timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy on
some topics, these topics have to keep some hour of messages published by an
external system in case the consumer fails.
When the consumer restarts, the timedsubscription should guarantee that we'd
not lose any message.
Point is that these messages must also be processed in order.

Adding a strictOrderDispatchPolicy on the same policy entry for the same
topic would be nice, but is the strict order honoured also for the past
messages? Or not.

Policy entry looks like this:

          <policyEntry topic="EVENTS.>">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
            </dispatchPolicy>
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
          	<timedSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy recoverDuration="64800000" />
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
          </policyEntry>

Thanks in advance.