activemq-users mailing list archives

From MartyH <martin.hender...@singularity.co.uk>
Subject message redelivery with multiple brokers
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:22:52 GMT

Hi folks,

Have a wee query.

I have this situation whereby I have a master broker.  There may be a number
of child brokers that send messages to the master, but there could any
number of these up or down at any time.  I had planned that the child
brokers always know where the master broker is and send an initialisation
message which then adds the child to the master's list of children.  So the
master has a message listener that calls:

                 log.info("registering broker @ " + address);
                 broker.addNetworkConnector(address);

Now this seems fine... but in the situation where the master has an existing
message for the broker that has just registered, the message isn't getting
pushed down.  I think I may be missing something simple perhaps... but can't
figure it out...  I have the master broker config:
[code]
<beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

  <broker brokerName="receiver" persistent="true" useJmx="false">
    <transportConnectors>
      <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:62002"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <!--networkConnector uri="static:(failover:tcp://localhost:62003)"/-->
    </networkConnectors>

    <persistenceAdapter>
		<journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="/activemq-data"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>
  </broker>
</beans>
[/code]