activemq-users mailing list archives

From robottaway <rotta...@musiciansfriend.com>
Subject Re: Ruby STOMP client - TextMessage
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:14:38 GMT

Could I patch it up so that we have a 'sendTextMessage' method, and then the
normal 'send' method (for binary)? This makes a little sense to me, in the
case that someone wants to send a message consisting of text as a binary
message.

It looks like you guys are using the content-length header as the only
indication of text vs. binary in the STOMP transport for AMQ. I've seen talk
of setting up the transport object so that it would handle a 'type' header
which would allow the user to have a content-length header but still
marshall the message into the AMQ system as a text message. I believe this
would be done using the header 'type' set to 'text'. If this is not what
happens then I will submit the client so that others  can use it to submit
TextMessage messages into AMQ from STOMP.