activemq-users mailing list archives

From David Jones <david.jo...@ingenta.com>
Subject Not receiving errors for incorrect message headers
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:47:50 GMT

Hi,

Not sure if this is now a moot point after the discussion on this post
(http://www.nabble.com/Stomp-Receipts-tf2145063.html), but I've been
enhancing (read, "messing") the original Perl Stomp modules found on
Codehaus. After a bit of to- and fro-ing, I connected up to an ActiveMQ
4.0.1 server as a publisher using Telnet, and had my suspicions confirmed --
you don't get errors for malformed messages as they happen.
More specifically, there is no reply to a malformed BEGIN message and this
strikes me as something which might be important. The original code had no
'transaction' specified in the header, and this was obviously incorrect --
although less obvious given that the ERROR frame was not received until
attempting to SEND a message to the server.

My conversation with the server went like this (server output in bold):

Connected to scratch3.catchword.com (194.129.29.211).
Escape character is '^]'.
CONNECT

^@
CONNECTED
session:ID:scratch3.ingenta.com-40420-1161359286422-3:9

BEGIN
session:ID:scratch3.ingenta.com-40420-1161359286422-3:9
receipt: mymessage-002

^@

SEND
session:ID:scratch3.ingenta.com-40420-1161359286422-3:9
receipt: mymessage-003

This is a message! I should have gotten an error AGES ago..
^@
ERROR
message:Must specify the transaction you are beginning

DISCONNECT

^@
Connection closed by foreign host.