activemq-users mailing list archives

From kristoffer <sto...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jecks, Lingo and vm://
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:05:03 GMT

I did some test for this but my initial idea did not work (maybe for obvious
reasons).

This is how i understand what is happening:
Seems as if the service modules are not able to connect to the broker
because of classloader visibility since they are in separate WARs (this is
how vm:// works?). These service modules then instead try to create their
own embeded brokers. The brokers will throw exceptions all over the place
with conflicting journals.

However, i managed to get this to work, by putting activemq (4.0.2) and most
of its dependencies (spring,xbeans etc) in system classpath. All service
modules seem to connect to _the_ broker and are able to communicate between
eachother properly.

Do i really have to restrict myself and put these jars in system classpath
to get this to work? What am I doing wrong? (Is vm:// is infact a
classloader:// transport?)

One idea I have is to make the (unwanted) creation of brokers (in the
service modules) to be non-persistent by providing some configuration in
order to avoid the journal conflicts. Would this work?

I dont want to have a monolithic design where i put all my modules in a
single WAR. I also want to avoid putting things in system classpath when
rolling out the product in production.

cheers,
-Kristoffer