activemq-users mailing list archives

From kristoffer <sto...@gmail.com>
Subject Jecks, Lingo and vm://
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:55:49 GMT

Hi,

Im designing a modular system inside a servlet container were i want modules
(deployed as WARs, thus separte classloaders) to communicate with eachother
through JMS. In order to do this effeciently I was thinking of using Jencks
to utilize JCA for this nice pooling, transaction and workmanager support. I
dont want embedded brokers in these service modules, if it is possible?

Can I deploy a broker as a separate WAR module (and classloader), which
exposes a vm:// transport to the service modules? Reading from the
documentation it seems as if this would work, as long as i send
ObjectMessage messages between the service modules. Is this correct?

I was also thinking of using Lingo so that i can have message driven pojos
interfaces between the service modules. Does lingo always use ObjectMessage
to communicate with the broker, or is there some way i can force this
behaviour?

One "problem" i realized (not really related to this) is that since the
broker WAR need to be deployed before the service modules i need some
mechanism of setting deployment dependencies between the broker and service
modules. Possibly between service modules aswell. I know weblogic and Jboss
have a loadorder feature, but have yet to find one in for example jetty or
tomcat? Anyone have a tip?

As a future requirement i want to be able to scale up with multiple servlet
containers that should share load between eachother, both on HTTP request
level (with a loadbalancer), but also between brokers.

Please correct me if i missunderstood how to use activemq in the best way.

keep up the good work!

cheers,
-Kristoffer